|Siêu Thị||Huy chương||Tư vấn hướng nghiệp||CLB CTXH Trần Phú||Kỹ năng thanh niên||Kiến thức phổ thông||Chơi cờ caro||Bài trong ngày|
Diễn đàn đóng băng dữ liệu từ tháng 08/2016. Thành viên chỉ có thể xem các bài viết và không được tạo mới.
|Ðề tài||Người Gởi||Chuyên mục||Trả lời||Bài mới gởi|
|tuyển sinh Đại học - cao đẳng||EduViet||Chuyện học đường||0||05-08-2010 04:36 PM|
|Viết bài thuyết minh về bộ phận văn học dân gian với một đoàn học sinh nước ngoài đến thăm trường.||KuteoDnC||Văn mẫu lớp 10||0||06-04-2010 05:27 PM|
|Tuyển Tập Các Bài Văn Mẫu Lớp 12 - Sưu Tầm||TicTak||Ngữ Văn lớp 12||0||07-02-2010 02:36 PM|
|Tuyển bồ,tương lai có thể là vợ và sinh con đẻ cái||nataka||Tuyển Ox - Bx||4||07-01-2010 09:50 AM|
|Tags - Từ khóa tìm thêm:|
|de thi anh van vao lop 10, de thi tuyen anh van lop 10, de thi tuyen sinh 10 mon anh van, de thi tuyen sinh anh van lop 10, de thi tuyen sinh lop 10 mon anh, de thi tuyen sinh lop 10 mon anh van, de thi tuyen vao lop 10 mon anh van, de thi vao lop 10 mon anh van, de tuyen sinh lop 10 mon anh van, đề thi anh văn tuyển sinh lớp 10, đề thi anh văn vào lớp 10, đề thi tuyển sinh 10 môn anh văn, đề thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 môn anh văn, đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn anh văn, đề thi vào lớp 10 môn anh|
| ||Ðiều Chỉnh||Xếp Bài|
Các đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Anh Văn
Các đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Anh Văn
Đề thi vào chuyên Ams và Chu Văn An
Niên khóa 1996-1997
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
I. Choose A, B, C or D to complete the following sentences. (2.5 marks)
1. I remember ______ him once in my life.
A. to meet B. meeting C. to have met D. met
2. He has been waiting for this letter for days, and at ______ it has come.
A. last B. the end C. present D. the finish
3. The man who lives opposite us sometimes comes ______ for a cup of tea.
A. on B. over C. off D. to
4. There was a small room into ______ we all crowded.
A. which B. where C. that D. it
5. We were so late, we ______ had time to catch the train.
A. nearly B. almost C. hardly D. simply
6. Your work has been very good ______ this year.
A. so far B. by far C. as far as D. so long
7. Give her a telephone number to ring ______ she gets lost.
A. whether B. in case C. unless D. perhaps
8. Tell me ______ there is anything special that you would like to do.
A. that B. which C. so D. if
9. It was a great success. He succeeded ______ everyone laugh.
A. to make B. in make C. for making D. in making
10. He couldn't have known what was in the letter ______ he had written it himself.
A. until B. if C. unless D. if only
II. Fill each gap with a word or phrase. (2.5 marks)
1. He doesn't tell me since when ________________ English.
2. I don't know how far _________________ to the station.
3. She didn't tell me the reason _________________ his birthday party.
4. Tell me __________________ this box with.
5. If he had gone by bus, he ___________________ here now.
III. Read the text below. For questions 1 - 5 you are to choose one best answer (a), (b), (c), or (d) to each question. (2.5 marks)
During the teenage years, many young people can at times be difficult to talk to. They often seem to dislike being questioned. They may seem unwilling to talk about their work in school. This is a normal development at this age, though it can be very hard for parents to understand. It is part of becoming independent, of teenagers trying to to be adult while they are still growing up. Young people are usually more willing to talk if they believe that questions are asked out of real interest and not because people are trying to check up on them.
Parents should do their best to talk to their son or daughter about school work and future plans but should not push them to talk if they don't want to. Parents should also watch for the danger signs: some young people in trying to be adult may experiment with alcohol or smoking. Parents need to watch for any signs of unusual behavior which may be connected with these and get help if necessary.
1. This is from a
a) parent's handbook b) teenage magazine
c) school timetable d) children's book
2. What is the writer trying to do?
a) to be amusing b) to be helpful
c) to be questionable d) to be sorry
3. Why do adults sometimes find teenagers difficult?
a) because most teenagers are quiet.
b) because teenagers don't want to talk to their parents.
c) because teenagers think adults are not honest.
d) because most teenagers hate adults.
4. When can you expect a young person to be more talkative than usual?
a) When people talk to them because they are really interested and not yet checking up on them.
b) When adults giv them a lot of money to spend.
c) When adults talk to them about something other than their work in school.
d) When adults talk to them about alcohol and smoking.
5. Some teenagers experiment with drinking or smoking because
a) they regard it as a mark of adulthood.
b) women like a smoking and drinking man.
c) cigarettes and alcohol are cheap.
d) cigarettes and alcohol are available everywhere.
IV. Arrange the following sentences to make a complete letter. (3 marks)
(a) It has only rained once - and the rest of the time we've had bright sunshine.
(b) Every evening we sit on the beach and admire the wonderful colors in the sky.
(c) I'm writing to tell you that unfortunately our holiday is almost over.
(d) I'll give you a ring when we get back.
(e) One day we even walked about 10km along the coast.
(f) We've had the most wonderful 3 weeks.
(g) The sunsets are beautiful, too.
(h) But as I said, unfortunately it's nearly over, and we'll be leaving on Sunday.
(i) It's wonderful scenery with rocky cliffs and little sandy beaches.
(j) The weather has been just great.
(k) We, therefore, have spent all day, everyday, outside - either at the beach or going for drives into the hills.
(l) And then when it gets dark, there are so many stars in the sky.
Lots of love,
V. Finish each sentence so that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. (2 marks)
1. He often gets bad marks in history as he doesn't work hard at it.
2. He borrowed my book, but he forgot to return it.
3. We had never been so happy before.
4. People said that he had done his test quite well.
VI. Correct the mistake if necessary. (2.5 marks)
1. I wish that I received this letter before the office closed.
2. My telephone has been out of work for two weeks now.
3. They have to do it right now, haven't they?
4. Mary was so angry with Tom that she threw a stone to him.
5. I think this film is most interesting.
VII. Fill each blank with a suitable word. (5 marks)
I know a boy __1__ Michael who has a remarkable talent. He knows an incredible amount __2__ football teams and football leagues. He can recite the names of the players, tell you the __3__ of every match __4__ last weekend and who __5__ the goals, and can give you the history of any football club you care to name.
__6__ I find the most extraordinary of all is that he is as knowledgeable about Spanish and German football as he is about English. He spends a great amount of time going __7__ football magazines and the sports pages of newspapers. He is quite and __8__ on football. __9__ he does not play the game himself and __10__ goes very occasionally to a match.
Đề thi vào chuyên Ams và Chu Văn An
Niên khóa 1998-1999
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
I. Choose A, B, C or D to complete the sentences (2 marks)
1. His house has been sold ______ $ 1,000,000.
A. at B. for C. in D. with
2. Bread is usually ______ wheat.
A. made of B. made with C. made by D. made from
3. Peter, can I ______ you a drink?
A. buy for B. buy to C. buy D. invite
4. It isn't quite ______ that they will come to our party.
A. sure B. exact C. certain D. right
5. ______ goes to the bus; now we will have to walk home.
A. On time B. At once C. There D. Early
6. Don't hurry! There is no need ______.
A. running B. to run C. run D. you run
7. Mike had hoped ______ his letter.
A. her to answer B. that she answer
C. that she would answer D. her answering
8. Please write your answers ______ ink.
A. in B. with C. of D. by
9. Peter was not feeling well, so we gave him ______ to do than you.
A. fewer work B. less work C. little work D. least work
10. He spent half a year ______ this house.
A. to build B. building C. built D. on building
11. Will you ______ the door open?
A. leave B. allow C. permit D. give
12. What food should you eat if you want to ______ on weight?
A. take B. get C. put D. carry
13. It is a ______ skirt.
A. French cotton flowered B. cotton French flowered
C. flowered cotton French D. flowered French cotton
14. Do you know the beautiful girl ______?
A. sit in the car B. sat in the car
C. sitting in the car D. who sit in the car
15. The weather was cold. I wish it ______ warmer.
A. had been B. has been C. were D. was
16. Dickens ______ wrote a lot of interesting stories.
A. his is one of England's best-known writers
B. as one of England's best-known writers
C. besides one of England's best-known writers
D. one of England's best-known writers
II. Put the verb in brackets into the correct tense and form (2 marks)
Last night Mrs. Leidner (1. to go) to her room to rest as usual after we just (2. to finish) dinner. I (3. to settle) her on her bed with plenty of pillows and her book. I (4. to leave) the room when she (5. to call) me back.
'Don't go, nurse, there (6. to be) something I (7. to want) to say to you.'
I (8. to turn) round and she (9. to tell) me to shut the door. I (10. to do) it as I (11. to tell). She (12. to rise) up from the bed and (13. to begin) to walk up and down. I (14. can) see that she (15. to make) up her mind to something and I (16. not to like) to interrupt her.
III. Arrange the numbered sentences to make a complete dialogue (1.25 marks)
a. Oh, I was just wondering if you wanted to go out tonight.
b. Tonight? You must be joking - it's too cold. What about coming round to my place? We could watch TV or something?
c. Look, if you really want to go somewhere, you could come with me to the library.
d. Hi, Michael! How are things?
e. Oh, I think it's half past eight or something. I'll just get the paper and have a look. Just hang on for a minute.
f. Hi, Liz. Good, thanks. What's new with you?
g. Well.. I was thinking of going to the school library to do a bit of study. What have you got in mind?
h. OK. Just joking. What time does it start?
i. I thought we could just go for a walk. May be down to that park near the beach.
k. Oh, come on.
l. Watch TV? That's all you ever want to do! I want to go out somewhere. That new Jane Fonda film is on in town. How about that?
IV. Write the second sentence so that it means the same as the first (2.25 marks)
1. The last time I went to the theatre was three years ago.
2. 'Who did you go to the cinema with?' she said to me.
3. We are sorry we couldn't come to your birthday party.
We are sorry not...
4. 'I was born in 1983' Mary said to Peter.
5. The milk was so hot that the boy couldn't drink it.
The milk was...
6. He was very sad as he got a very bad mark in English.
7. You can't expect everyone in the village to help you, can you?
8. There must be a good explanation for his absence.
9. People said she had passed the exam.
V. Read the text carefully and do the exercises below it (1 mark)
Everybody loves movies. We see them at theatres and we watch them on TV. They are popular with children and adults, too. We can learn from them or we can have a good time watching them.
We also call movies 'motion pictures'. 'Motion' is a noun for 'moving'. People tried to show motion in pictures for centuries. Even prehistoric artists showed animals running in theier cave pictures.
Near the end of the 19th century several Europeans and Americans tried to make movies. No one knows who made the first one. New York City had the first movie theatre in 1894. People put money in a small machine and looked into it at the movie. By 1900, movies were popular all over Europe and the United States. They were not very good, but people liked them because they were new and different.
Every year people invented ways to make movies better. They invented machines to show the pictures on a screen. Then everyone could see the motion pictures on the front wall of a theatre instead of inside a small machine. In 1927, inventors add sound to movies. Then they added color.
Today it costs several million dollars to make a movie. However, movie makers collect million dollars from people at movie theatres because everyone loves movies.
Write T if the sentence is true, and F if it is false.
a. Children like movies, but most adults do not.
b. We can learn from motion pictures.
c. Prehistoric artists showed motion in the cave paintings.
d. An American made the first movie.
e. Movies were popular in Europe at the end of the 19th century.
f. Movies are the same today as they were in 1920.
g. Inventors added sound and color to movies at the same time.
h. It is expensive to make movies.
VI. Fill each of the numbered blanks with a suitable word (1.5 marks)
The country is more beautiful than __1__ town and pleasanter to live __2__. Many people think __3__ and go to the country __4__ the summer holidays __5__ they cannot live __6__ all the year round. Some have a cottage __7__ in the village so that they can go there whenever they can __8__ the time.
English villages are not all alike, but __9__ some ways they are not very __10__ from each other. Most villages are so __11__ to some small town that people can go there to buy __12__ they can't find in the village shops.
Đề thi tuyển sinh lớp 10, TP Hồ Chí Minh
Môn thi: Tiếng Anh (không chuyên)
Ngày thi: 20 tháng 06 năm 2007
Thời gian làm bài: 60 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
(1-3) Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others (0.6 pt)
1. A. set
2. A. machine
3. A. pleased
(4-20) Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in each sentence (3.8 pts)
4. The examination will be held ________ June, 2007.
5. ___________ the first and second nights of Passover, Jewish families often enjoy the Seder.
6. Wearing uniforms help poor students feel equal _________ others.
7. The boy was greatly proud _______ his success at school.
8. Cong Vinh seems to be well-qualified _________ the latest position.
9. He read his article on the website last night, ________?
A. doesn’t he
B. didn’t he
C. did he
D. hasn’t he
10. Are all the students used ___________ their summer vacation in the countryside?
A. to spend
C. to spending
11. Passover ________ in Israel and by all Jewish people.
A. is hold
B. is celebrating
D. is celebrated
12. “When will Mr. Ba retire? He began ________ for the company thirty years ago.”
A. to be worked
C. will work
D. to work
13. If Ba were rich, he ________ around the world.
A. should travel
C. could travel
D. must travel
14. They are still playing on the field ___________ it is raining heavily.
15. Study harder _________________.
A. if you will pass the exam
B. and you will pass the exam
C. unless you pass the exam
D. or you will pass the exam
16. The girl wishes she ____________ in Nha Trang for the festival next week.
A. will stay
B. could stay
C. is staying
D. can stay
17. On the way to school, Long often stops _________ a newspaper.
A. to buy
18. The cooker ________ is displayed at Nguyen Kim Supermarket looks modern.
19. _ “Let’s go to Vung Tau on the weekend.”
A. That’s a fine day!
B. That’s a good trip!
C. Yes, please!
D. Yes, let’s!
20. _ “Thank you very much”
A. Are you worried?
B. You’re welcome!
C. Not all.
21. For most households, lighting ____________ for 10 percent to 15 percent of the electricity bill.
22. Ho Chi Minh City will ___________ temperatures between 25oC and 30¬¬oC tomorrow.
(23-30) Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage (1.6 pts)
Mr. Brown and some (23) __________________ conservationists are on a very dirty beach now. Today they are ready to make the beach a clean and beautiful place again. After listening to Mr. Brown’s instructions, they are divided (24) ____________ three groups. Group I needs to walk along the shore. Group 2 should check the sand, (25) _________ group 3 has to check among the rocks. Garbage must be put into plastic bags, and the bags will be (26) __________ by Mr. Jones. He will take the bags to the garbage (27) _________. Each member will be given a map to find the right place. They won’t eat the picnic lunch (28) __________ by Mrs. Smith until the whole area is clean. (29) _________ are eager to work hard so as to refresh this (30) ________ area.
23. A. voluntary
24. A. in
25. A. or
26. A. selected
27. A. dump
28. A. happened
29. A. Them all
B. They all
C. All them
D. All they
30. A. spoiling
(31-34) Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting (0.8 pt)
31. You’re tired as you got up too late to watch TV last night.
A B C D
32. The Internet is a very fast and convenient way for us to get a lot of informations.
A B C D
33. The bus is such an inexpensive means of transport that people take them very often.
A B C D
34. She has been playing as a professional tennis player from 1990s.
A B C D
(35-38) Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence (0.8 pt)
35. The Internet has helped students study more ________________. (EFFECT)
36. It is __________ that our environment is more and more polluted. (DISAPPOINT)
37. We are trying to have a(n) ______________ world. (POLLUTE)
38. I am thankful to my teacher who always gives me lots of _______________ to better my knowledge. (COURAGE)
(39-42) Read the dialogue and then decide whether the statements that follow are True or False (0.8 pt)
Mrs. Lan: What’s the matter, Mrs. Linh?
Mrs. Linh: I’ve just received my latest electricity bill. It’s so enormous.
Mrs. Lan: Let me see. It’s 350,000 VND. What an enormous bill it is!
Mrs. Linh: I paid 200,000 VND last month. I don’t know why it’s higher this month.
Mrs. Lan: Which counter is installed in your house?
Mrs. Linh: The usual mechanical counter was replaced with an electronic counter at the beginning of this month. It is said to run more exactly and be more convenient for the power officials to record monthly electricity numbers.
Mrs. Lan: I don’t know what happens. The usual mechanical counter is still used in my house. Why don’t you complain to the Power Department of Ho Chi Minh City about it?
Mrs. Linh: Thanks for your advice. I am writing a complaint letter right now.
39. The bill Mr. Linh received last month was lower than the latest one.
40. Mrs. Linh has spent 550,000VND on electricity in the last two months.
41. Mrs. Lan insisted that the electrical counter is wrong.
42. Electricity numbers are recorded every month.
(43-46) Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them (1.6 pts)
43. Ba said, Why don’t we stop eating chicken to avoid being infected with bird flu?”
Ba suggested that chicken shouldn’t ........................................
44. The last time she went out with him was 9 months ago.
It is .................................................. .....................................
45. There was too much snow for us to go out.
There was such .................................................. ...................
46. Miss Huong Tram is the best student in this class.
Nobody .................................................. ...............................